Discover the Transformative Benefits of Adho Mukha Svanasana at ASMYI
If you’re searching for a yoga posture that can help you feel grounded, energized, and centred, look no further than adho mukha svanasana, also known as Downward-Facing Dog Pose. This foundational yoga posture offers numerous benefits for both your body and mind. At ASMYI, our instructors will help you to practice this pose the best way, so that you can reap the intended benefits.
Steps to do the adho mukha svanasana pose
- Begin on your knees and hands, with your knees directly under your hips and your wrists under your shoulders.
- Exhale as you straighten your arms and legs into an inverted V position, lifting your hips and back.
- After several breaths, leave the stance and return to your hands and knees.
Adho mukha svanasana benefits
Here are top 4 adho mukha svanasana benefits:
- Strengthens your core and upper body
As you lift your hips and engage your arms and shoulders, this yoga pose strengthens your core and upper body muscles, including your arms, shoulders, and chest.
- Increases flexibility and range of motion
The pose stretches and lengthens your spine, hamstrings, calves, and arches of the feet, which can increase your overall flexibility and range of motion.
- Enhances blood flow and calms your mind
It promotes blood flow to your brain, which can help reduce stress and anxiety while also improving focus, concentration, and memory.
- Improves digestion and elimination
The gentle inversion of the pose can improve digestion and elimination by increasing blood flow to your digestive organs.
Let’s do yoga together
Thus, incorporating adho mukha svanasana benefits in your daily yoga practice can provide physical and mental benefits. Experience the life-changing effects of yoga by beginning to benefit from this full pose immediately. At ASMYI, we can help you perform this asana with accuracy and precision, so feel free to contact us today.