Practice Dandasana at ASMYI to Ensure Better Posture and Core Strength
The list of simplest yoga postures would be incomplete without mentioning Dandasana in it. Do you think that posture is all about sitting straight on the floor with your legs extended forward? At ASMYI, we help you understand how to practice every yoga posture to achieve desired health benefits.
How can you practice Dandasana?
You can find guidance from trained yoga teachers to do the Dandasana yoga pose and improving your health. Here are the simple steps to practise this posture.
- Sit on the floor and extend your legs to the front.
- Put your palms on the floor near your hips with your fingers pointing towards your feet.
- Stretch your hands to stack the shoulders on top of the hips and place them away from the ears.
- Take a deep breath to lengthen the spine and stay in the posture for at least five deep breaths.
What are the health benefits of Dandasana?
The foremost highlight of Dandasana yoga pose is the fact that it is the foundation for all sitting postures in yoga. In addition, it also contributes significant benefits in developing strength and flexibility. Rather than relying on pseudo-scientific claims, you must focus on Dandasana benefits verified by experts such as:
- Strengthening of quads and hamstrings
- Developing strength of pelvic floor muscles
- Improvement in posture
- Exercise for hip flexors and main back muscles
- Better core stability and strength
Our experienced yoga teachers at ASMYI help people with different asanas to learn the ideal practices in yoga. We invite you to use our expertise for effective guidance on performing yoga and make way for the multiple health benefits. Contact us today to learn more about ASMYI and our yoga lessons. We will help you to avail Dandasana benefits to the hilt.