Rejuvenate Your Body with Utthita Parsvakonasana at ASMYI
Getting exhausted at the day’s end or being unproductive throughout the day are some common problems that people face nowadays. At ASMYI, we have come up with a Yogic method of stretching the body to overcome this problem. Yes, we are talking about Utthita Parsvakonasana.
Benefits of Performing this Asana
Stretching the body through this asana energises the body and gives strength to different body parts, especially, shoulders joints, arms, knees, and ankles. Others Utthita Parsvakonasana benefits include as below:
- Strengthens back and abdominal muscles
- Stabilizes the spine
- Corrects body posture and improves body balance
- Opens up the chest,
- Enhances the lungs’ capacity, and increases stamina
- Cures respiratory problems
Who Can Perform Utthita Parsvakonasana?
Everyone from children to elderly people, male or female can avail Utthita Parsvakonasana benefits. However, those having some injury, headache, or neck pain or are suffering from high or low blood pressure should avoid doing this asana.
How to Perform Utthita Parsvakonasana?
By doing the following steps we train our members at ASMYI to easily perform this Asana.
- Stand in a straight posture first.
- Move the right foot in the same direction and slowly turn it at the right angle.
- While bending the right knee, breathe out and move the body down.
- Stay in this posture for a few seconds and keep breathing deeply.
- Next, bend to the right side stretching the body.
- Place the right hand on the right thigh.
- Raise the left hand in such a way that it stretches the whole body from the fingers to the ankle and look upwards.
- Stay in this pose for half a minute.
- Then, slowly release the body parts one by one, and be calm.
- Repeat the same steps for the other side.
If you want to get these amazing benefits simply, contact us at ASMYI to perform Utthita Parsvakonasana easily and efficiently.