Avail the Multifarious Benefits of Utthita Trikonasana at ASMYI
Utthita Trikonasana, also known as the triangle pose, is one of the essential postures of Ashtanga Yoga. It is an excellent way to stretch and strengthen the entire body, from toes to fingertips. It also helps to improve balance and stability. Practising Utthita Trikonasana from ASMYI Iyengar centre can be beneficial for both beginners and experienced yogis alike.
Steps to do Utthita Trikonasana
Here is how you could follow our instructors at ASMYI to do Utthita Trikonasana
- When doing Utthita Trikonasana, begin by standing in a mountain pose (tadasana).
- Step the feet apart a few feet and turn the left foot inward and the right foot out, at an angle of roughly 10 degrees.
- Inhale and raise your arms out and away from your ears with your palms facing down.
- Next, you will begin to move into the pose.
- On an exhale, extend your right arm down toward the ground or your right ankle.
- You can also rest your right palm on a block or the floor if that gives you more stability.
- At the same time, reach your left arm up and over your left ear to stack your shoulders.
- Make sure to keep your hips squared and small; they should be level and not rotate side to side. Hold the pose for 5-10 breaths and then exhale and release.
Benefits of Utthita Trikonasana
This is an excellent pose to practice regularly, as it can help to improve overall core strength and stability. Here are more of Utthita Trikonasana benefits:
- Improved flexibility, strength, balance, and stability
- Better circulation and digestion
- Strengthened legs and glutes
- Allows to stimulate circulation, particularly in the legs
Hence, Utthita Trikonasana is an excellent posture to practice at ASMYI yoga centre if you are looking to improve your balance and stability, increase circulation and flexibility, or cultivate focus and awareness. Join us today to avail its multifarious advantages.