Practice Yoga at ASMYI to Reduce Cholesterol
Yoga therapy includes deep breathing, and hence it can help you to feel relaxed. Proper yoga poses not only reduce stress but also promote healthy digestion and maintain heart health with ease. At ASMYI, you can learn several poses of yoga to control cholesterol and ensure your good health and well-being. So, if you are suffering from high cholesterol issues, just join our famous yoga practitioners to effectively lower your cholesterol levels.
The science behind yoga to control cholesterol
A study review of yoga has shown that yoga for cholesterol could improve HDL and LDL cholesterol, along with blood pressure,as compared to doing no exercise at all.
Effective yoga poses to try to reduce cholesterol
Here are a few effective poses of yoga to reduce cholesterol that can help a lot. You can learn them with excellence at our yoga centre.
1. Seated spinal twist
This yoga pose can promote healthy digestion. Here are its steps:
- Start with sitting upright while bending your left leg on the floor with your heel right by your right hip and your right leg crossed over your left, the sole of your right foot on the floor.
- Elongate your spine while extending the left hand up to the ceiling.
- Next, try to twist toward the right, ending the left elbow outside your right knee. Try to inhale to find more length and then exhale to deepen the twist.
- Lastly, stay in this position for atleast 30 seconds and switch sides.
2. Seated forward bend
This yoga pose not only helps to improve digestion but can reduce stress as well.
- First, sit with your legs straight out in front of you. Then, inhale and lengthen the spine.
- Next, exhale and try to bend slowly over your legs. Try to move your hips, not the waist. Your back needs to be flat and your head should be upright. If you feel any pain, just stop folding your back.
- Now, breathe as you try to reach in the direction of your ankles or feet. However, just go as far as you feel comfortable.
- Lastly, stay in this pose for just 1 to 3 minutes and relax.
So, if you need to start a few poses of yoga for high cholesterol, you can find a reliable yoga instructor near your location and enjoy a healthy life. The best move would be to join our ASMYI Iyengar Yoga centre.