Yoga Asanas for Diabetes – Reducing the Fatal Effects Appreciably
Diabetes is a common ailment that engulfs a big portion of the world population. Various factors are responsible for the onset of diabetes. Like, it may be genetics, obesity, stress, or lack of exercise. At times, it can be fatal, as could result in heart diseases and infections because of high blood levels.
However, practicing yoga for diabetes regularly can help to control the effect of diabetes appreciably. This is where the yoga asanas for diabetes at ASMYI can prove beneficial.
Advantages of Yoga for Diabetes
Here are some of the benefits of practicing yoga for diabetes from our ASMYI centre.
- Reduces blood pressure
- Lessens blood sugar levels
- Helps in weight loss
- Yoga is a wonderful stress reducer
- Helps in slowing down your illness so that it does not reach its extreme level
Research shows that yoga asanas for diabetes have a controlling outcome on the progress of a diabetic patient. Proper yoga asanas stretch the pancreas, which in turn stimulates the pancreas to generate more insulin. Some of the helpful yoga postures that ASMYI yogis suggest for a diabetic patient are as follows:
- Warm Up: Before the yoga session starts, it is important to do some warm-up exercises to condition your body for yoga postures.
- Mandukasana: Also known as the frog pose, this pose requires a patient to sit in vajrasana. This exerts pressure on the pancreas. It is a good stretch for the inner thighs and hips. It stimulates the appropriate functioning of beta cells.
- Yoga Mudrasana: The person has to sit in padmasana, thereby exerting pressure on the stomach and pancreas. Considered as the best mudra for diabetes, it requires the patient to sit with legs crossed and fists clenched below the navel for at least 3 minutes.
- Halasana: The best yoga asana for diabetes, it massages the internal organs and stimulates digestion. Last but not the least; it helps in better insulin production.
- Child Pose: This yoga posture is ideal for relaxation and improving blood circulation. It alleviates stress and provides calmness to your mind. It relaxes all your muscles that have worked in the yoga session.
It is not necessary that a diabetic patient must do yoga every day. In fact, everyone must practice it for a healthy mind and body. As long as you stay within your fitness levels, the possibility of diabetes remains reduced.
For more information, you can click through our ASMYI website and check out yoga asanas for diabetes with pictures. You can also visit us in person and join our yoga classes to learn more about mudra for diabetes.