Learn the Basics of Yoga for Migraine at ASMYI
Migraine sufferers often feel sick, throw up, and are sensitive to bright lights and loud sounds. They also have terrible headaches. People, in general, usually take medicine to treat their illnesses. Other treatments, like Yoga for migraine, may help reduce the number of migraines you have. To get maximum benefits, we would encourage you to join our ASMYI yoga centre.
How does yoga for migraine work?
Yoga is a practice that works on both the body and the mind. It began in ancient India and today, people all around the world have embraced it with open arms. Asanas (poses), awareness (meditation), and pranayama (breathing exercises) are all parts of yoga (breathing). Studies conducted have shown that it can help with problems like stress, anxiety, and depression that affect mental health.
The best yoga asanas for migraine relief
At ASMYI yoga, we help you practice quite a few poses to do in yoga for migraine headaches.
- Balasana or Child’s Pose: Child’s Pose is a relaxing yoga pose that may help ease migraine pain because it calms the nervous system. If putting pressure on your forehead makes the pain disappear, this position might help.
- Savasana or Corpse Pose: When you have a migraine you just want to sleep in a dark room and let your mind wander. In any such situation, Corpse Pose may help you relax into a meditative state or, hence letting your mind rest and relieve the pain.
- Setu Bandha Sarvangasana or Bridge Pose: This yoga Pose can help prevent headaches because it relaxes the shoulders, neck, and upper back, all of which can help relieve tension. In this position, raising the heart above the head is another way to get more blood to the brain.
- Marjariasana / Bitilasana or Cat-Cow Pose: The cat-and-cow position helps relieve stress by stretching the spine and neck and calming the mind.
- Uttanasana or Standing Forward Bend: A standing forward bend can help keep your hormones balanced by reducing stress and improving blood flow.
- Viparita Karani, or Legs-Up-The-Wall Pose: Experts link this pose to lowering blood pressure and helping with depression, anxiety, headaches, and migraines.
Why join ASMYI Iyengar Yoga?
ASMYI helps you get rid of migraine by teaching a range of yoga asanas for migraine relief. Once you join us, you will see the difference. We make sure that you follow the right yoga for head ache to reap the intended benefits.